In this post, we are going to explain you, How to Calculate Cement, Sand Quantity for Plastering?
Please note, before using the calculator embedded in this post understand the plastering cement mortar calculation concept.
Note: For a better view, please read this post in landscape view if you are on the mobile device.
How to calculate cement, sand quantity for Plastering?
Before beginning to work on the plastering calculation, note down these general things
- Cement Mortar Ratio for wall plastering 1:6
- Cement Mortar Ratio for ceiling plastering 1:4
- Plastering thickness should not be more than 12-15 mm. If there is a need for an additional coat don’t do that at one go.
- Ensure you are using good quality of cement & Sand (In silt content test, we have discussed how bad sand quality affects the work)
- Also, ensure you are using measuring box (not head pan) for site mix ( Here is the basic construction tools list)
- Please do read the plastering checklist post for the complete list.
Plastering Work Ratio Calculation
For a better understanding, we are going to do this calculation for 100 Sq.m area.
To calculate the cement and sand for 100 m2 plastering area in 1:6 ratio and 12 mm thickness.
Cement Mortar Required:
Plastering thickness 12 mm = 12/1000 = 0.012m
Volume of cement mortar required = ( Plastering Area x thickness )
= 100 m2 x 0.012m = 1.2 m3
(This is wet volume that means we need this much volume of cement mortar after mixing water, So for dry volume, we have to add 30-35% as bulkage of sand, we are using 35% and wastage as 20%)
Consider 35% Sand Bulkage = 1.2 m3 x (1+0.2+0.35) (Many of us would use 1.54 as constant)
= 1.86 m3
Cement : Sand (Ratio) = 1 : 6 ( Total = 1+6 = 7 Parts )
Cement required (1 Part) = 1.86 x 1/7
= 0.265 m3 /0.0347
= 7.66 bags (Approx – 8 Bags)
Sand required (5 Part) = 1.86 x 6/7
= 1.59 m3
We normally use Sq.m while calculating plastering cement mortar. If you want to calculate it in Sq.ft
Just convert that sq.ft into Sqm using Google Instant Area Conversion Tool and then use this formula.
Plastering Cement Sand Calculation
The below calculator is for quick use. Please don’t use this tool until you are familiar with the above calculation.
If you found this tool useful, Just share with your friends on Facebook Wall.
Happy Learning 🙂